Join Midcoast Humane’s Book Buddies Summer Reading Program!
About the Program
Are you and your pets ready for some fun summer reading? Sign up today for the Midcoast Humane Book Buddies program! Participating kids can practice their reading skills, spend time with their pets and win special prizes!
Here’s How it Works
- If you are a parent/guardian, register your child to participate in our program
- Download our list of suggested animal-related books
- Books not on our suggested list count towards your total!
- From July 1st to August 14th, track the number of books your child reads using our tracking sheet
- Share your photos and videos of reading time by using the hashtag #MHBookBuddies
- By August 23rd, email the completed log(s) to Volunteer@MidcoastHumane.org
- Kids who read more than five books during the summer will receive a certificate, pencil, and bookmark
- The three children who read the most books to their pets this summer will receive a new stuffed animal friend!
Do you want to support shelter pets and programs like this that teach compassion to animals? Please consider a donation to Midcoast Humane. Your support makes a world of difference for animals in need!