During this time of uncertainty, it is important for every pet owner to create a preparedness plan for their animals in case of illness or hospitalization.
Plan ahead to ensure your pet’s safety and comfort by taking the following steps:
- Make sure that you have enough of your pet’s food and medications on hand, along with extra supplies and a crate in case your pet needs to be moved
- Ensure medications are labeled properly, with documented dosages and administering directions.
- Should you become ill or hospitalized, make a plan for someone outside of your family or a boarding facility to look after your pets
- Keep vaccinations up to date in case boarding is needed
- Ensure that your animal has proper identification in the form of a collar and ID tag and a microchip
- Coughing and respiratory noise in pets is not typical. If your pet is exhibiting these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian.
For additional resources from the CDC regarding emergency preparedness for your pets, click here.
Share me with your friends!